RPAC TEMPORARILY CLOSED UNTIL THE END OF JUNE
As a result of COVID-19 and the restrictions around non-essential gathering Redland Performing Arts Centre (RPAC) is temporarily closed.
At this stage, RPAC will be closed from Tuesday 17 March until Tuesday 30 June, and all performances during this time period will be cancelled or postponed.
Redland City Council is closely monitoring the evolving situation in regard to COVID-19. The date for RPAC's re-opening will be continually reviewed, with the safety of our audience, employees and artists our highest priority.
The list of performances cancelled or postponed during RPAC's closed period are as follows:
Charmaine Wilson - rescheduled to Tuesday 23 March 2021
The Sapphires - rescheduled to Tuesday 3 November 2021
Gravity & Other Myths – Backbone
The Australian Tenors – Spirit of Australia Tour
Redland Sinfonia – Passion Play
- #FirstWorldWhiteGirls - Spirit Animal
- Prada's Priscillas - rescheduled to Saturday 30 January 2021
- Flipside Circus School Holiday Workshops
- The Wiggles - Fun and Games Tour!
- Beautiful Noise - The Life & the Music of Neil Diamond
- Three Legends in Concert - rescheduled to Friday 12 March 2021
- The One Day of the Year
- The Owl and the Pussycat
- Orava Quartet
- The World of Musicals - rescheduled to Wednesday 14 April 2021
- The Australian Bee Gees - rescheduled to Friday 20 August 2021
- The Gruffalo's Child - rescheduled to Sunday 18 October 2021
- Queensland Ballet - Tutus on Tour - rescheduled to Saturday 24 July 2021
- Cloudland the Musical - rescheduled to Saturday 17 April 2021
- Warped and Twisted - Redlands Spinners and Weavers Annual Open Day
- The Broadway I Love - rescheduled to Wednesday 24 February 2021
- Redland Sinfonia - Stormy Weather
- Black Square Quartet Autographs
- Andrew Tuttle - 'Alexandra' Album Launch
- Australian Film Series - Mao's Last Dancer and Strictly Ballroom
- Echoes of Pink Floyd - rescheduled to Friday 5 March 2021
In addition to the above performances, a number of events in June have also been cancelled or postponed. The current performances affected are:
- NAIDOC Week Showcase
- Flipside Circus School Holiday Workshops - July workshops
- Mother & Son - rescheduled to Friday 11 March 2022
- Jimeoin - rescheduled to Thursday 17 December 2021
- Edward the Emu
- Here's to Life
- Redland Sinfornia Two to Tango
- Queensland Symphony Orchestra Vienna and Beyond - rescheduled to Thursday 25 February 2021 (new program to be announced)
- Australian Shakuhachi Festival
- John Williamson - rescheduled to Saturday 10 April 2021
The RPAC Box Office will contact any patrons that are currently booked into these shows to offer a rescheduled date and/or a credit/refund as appropriate. As you can imagine, it will take some time to work out rescheduled dates (if possible) for performances and contact all patrons that will be impacted by these postponements or cancellations. We therefore ask for your patience while we work our way through the list of patrons booked into shows. We will be starting from this week's shows and working through these shows in date order, so it may take some time to get to all the shows.
Performances from June onwards will be reviewed regularly and updates will be given on this page and on the RPAC Facebook page (/RedlandPerformingArtsCentre) with regard to when RPAC will re-open and if any additional performances will be impacted.
Restrictions are starting to ease and when RPAC eventually reopens the safety of our audience, employees and artists will continue to be our highest priority. RPAC will be taking additional measures to ensure the venue remains a safe and enjoyable environment, and meets all social distancing requirements. Full details will be available on this page prior to RPAC re-opening.
In line with current recommendations, people attending any events are encouraged to wash their hands regularly and avoid attending any events if they have flu like symptoms, have returned from overseas travel in the last 14 days, been in contact with anyone who is suspected of having the virus, or have been given advice from their doctor to avoid public gatherings. For the latest advice and information on please go to www.health.gov.au
[LAST UPDATED: 23 JUNE 2020]