THIS EVENT TAKES PLACE AT SHELDON COLLEGE AND ORMISTON COLLEGE
Redland City Council is keen to identify Redlands Coasts' next generation of innovative creators and entrepreneurs, and provide opportunities for them to develop their skills and broaden their horizons.
This weekend event is especially for youth who:
- are riding the wave of innovation either in or outside of school
- are running their own business or looking at setting up a business
- have a ‘creative mind’ and are ‘smart thinkers’.
This event will provide a platform for young people to work with other like-minded innovators to identify an opportunity and come up with an idea and business to help solve a challenge.
Solutions can be unique and could include hardware products, software products, YouTube channels ... or something else completely out-of-the-box.
Participants will be supported by mentors and entrepreneurs, pitch their proposed projects to a panel of judges and be able to opt-in to business development master classes.
This is a low-cost, high-impact opportunity.
What to expect:
- an informal networking event to build connections
- a weekend of ideas generation and factual challenges and successes
- mentoring support to get business ideas to the next stage
- keynote speakers to share their start-up journey with both the fun and the stresses
- the opportunity to pitch your idea for rewards that could take you to the next stage.
WHEN & WHERE
Day 1 - Saturday 14 September, 8am - 5pm
Sheldon College, LINQ Precinct, 43-77 Taylor Rd, Sheldon
Optional: Fireside Chats - 5pm - 6pm
Day 2 - 15 September, 8am - 5pm
Ormiston College, CLI Building, 97 Dundas Street West, Ormiston
Optional: Wind Down 5pm - 6pm
Book your space by midnight Friday 13 September 2019
Cost for the Weekend: $20 per person
Bookings are essential
Students must attend all sessions (except the option program)
More information: Colette.firstname.lastname@example.org